- The Reboot Podcasts by Jerry Colonna. Jerry Colonna is a bad-ass investor and leadership coach whose work I admire. Even if you aren’t the CEO of a start-up in Silicon Valley there is a lot to take-away from his podcasts on the power of connecting the heart and the mind. They will make you re-contextualize the idea of work.
- Salt from Stories + Objects. I have collected salts from my travels over the years. Thanks to this transporting site Stories + Objects, I can order salt from the Ile de Re in France, where salt cultivation is a centuries-old tradition and the gros sel is “highly nutritive” which makes me feel less guilty about sprinkling it so liberally. I am also a sucker for great packaging and love the ceramic/ leather tasseled vessel. But the real beauty is in the video storytelling on this site.
- Eleven Experience’s Ski Adventure at Deplar Farm in Iceland. Eleven has mastered the luxury meets adventure recipe which is my kind of action-packed vacation. If the insanely beautiful, panoramic footage of Iceland in the film “The Secret Life of Water Mitty” wasn’t motivation enough, my younger brother now works for the company, so I’m hoping to reap some friends & family benefits!
- Suitcasemag.com for travel inspiration. I love this indie travel mag for its beautiful imagery, irreverent voice, clever packing guides, and current travel tips that you can actually trust. What’s more, they profile rising design talent from all over the world (fashion in Iran!) and I love to learn about local fashion culture whenever I’m traveling.
- Gardenia box from Garden & Gun Mercantile. This beautiful box is filled with one my favorite flowers, gardenias, which remind me of my mother who liked to put a few floating in a water dish by her bedside.
Leave a Reply