Because cold weather brings its own set of beauty and wellness issues, I asked Laura Lemon of Lemon Laine for her top five musts. Since Lemon Laine doesn’t have a online store, you will have to call the boutique (though some can be ordered online elsewhere). I feel like I need all of the below–especially the lip oil.
1. On the wellness side, omega fatty acids are so important for hair, skin, and nails, just helping with that lipid barrier. So, we have stinky fish oils, we even have an algae-based oil that’s vegan; it’s a capsule that you can take every day.
2. Anything with hyaluronic in it is going to help the plump the skin and bring moisture into the skin. My lips always get so chapped. I love Hyaluroil Lip Treatment from Twelve Beauty out of Spain. It’s by this chemist who actually teaches natural formulations at a university, and he develops these products. You put it on at night and you wake up the next morning and your lips feel like pillows.
3. Combining a really great herbal mist with a balm that’s really oil-based together, I feel like is secret sauce. Do it at night and make sure your skin’s wet with the mist before you apply the balm. I like Tata Harper’s Hydrating Floral Essence Moisturizing Mist, and then follow up with….
4. Kari Gran balm is probably my favorite right now.
5. Then Weleda Skin Food, which is like a cult product that’s been around for ages, is really good for dry patches.