Sasha Iglehart, like me, is a fashion magazine veteran. In fact, we go back two decades (yep or yelp?!) when we were both working at Harper’s Bazaar under Liz Tilberis. Recently, Sasha pivoted and started A Shirt Story, a line of upcycled men’s shirts that she customizes and blings out (just the right amount) with Swarovski crystal buttons. (I now have four in rotation.) They are a summer-weather must–with long shorts and little heels for dinner, jeans always, as a beach coverup, layered over a tank; they are about as versatile as they come. (Use code FLAIR at checkout for free shipping on her site.) Here, Sasha shares her summer essentials. (Sasha has really good hair so I’m buying what she uses in hers, see below; you can also read our first interview here.)
1. My uniform usually consists of, obviously one of my shirts! Maybe it’s because they are machine washable and the cotton has been broken in. The shirts are all-purpose so they work for the end of day as it begins to cool off, are long enough to be a go-to coverup and polished enough for a dinner plan with friends. Then it’s white Citizens of Humanity jeans, because they are crisp and always comfortable and my Celine sunglasses–they keep on giving!
2. My beauty go-to’s are Biafine cream I have (or had!) been bringing home from work trips to Paris. Thick and healing when you get too much sun and soothing for thirsty skin. Weleda Skin Food moisturizer is the best hair conditioner (thought it’s intended for skin)–a recommendation from a hairstylist. It doesn’t flatten my hair but manages the frizzies, smells great and is cheaper than name brands. P.S. My husband uses it everyday to keep him from having Graydon Carter wings!!
3. Air pods are a must. I listen to so many podcasts now, however I can’t wait for the book, The Paper Palace (by Miranda Heller) out this summer.
4. My shoe rotation includes Prada Birks that have seen better days but are still a favorite, Cariuma white sneakers, and Vitalexi espadrilles, which come in amazing colors.
5. Nantucket has been the multi-generational family destination all my life. We keep to ourselves – cooking at home, daily beach time, even on the cloudy days ,with farmer market stops on the way home. Can’t beat the light at the end of the day and the ocean air.
6. My dog walk and beach outfit often consists of Uniqlo black men’s athletic shorts (oversized, loose and light), tees with a political slogan that my kids give me, or one of my button down shirts–which is very Zendaya in Euphoria.
7. A lifeguard straw hat. I wish they were more packable! More than protecting my skin, it is a relief for my eyes with its wide brim.
8. Tomatoes and corn on the cob!! Always a crowd pleaser and a highlight of the summer. (Bring on the floss!)
9. Bunny Hunts: When the kids were little, our post dinner activity was counting how many bunnies we could spot (and chase) while in Nantucket. It is still a summer tradition however old we are and wherever there are bunnies.
10. Default activity: Watching the waves at the beach or just hanging outside watching clouds, boats or sunsets. My exercise includes some walks, biking and pilates.