When I think of California style, Kendall Conrad, the woman and her brand of accessories, immediately come to mind. Her minimalist, slightly earthy, elegant yet relaxed aesthetic imbues everything she touches. I was so thrilled when she agreed to create a TFI summer exclusive with me, the Bolsa del Sol pouch, which is a perfect beach bag companion (especially to her Xarraca tote) or a small runaround bag. Here, her 10 Summer Essentials.
1. Nice towels. I especially love art towels like David Florimbi’s.
2. A really comfortable beach chair and umbrella.
3. A pitcher of iced Jamaica with fresh mint, mexican style. It’s a hibiscus tea that is loaded with Vitamin C (recipe).
4. Dream destination Portugal and Israel.
5. Some new bathing suits from Eres.
6. Will be headed down to Mexico in August to see friends in various places including Cuixmala.
7. Really want to learn how to e-foil this summer!
8. Some books from my wish list: Peggy Gugenheim The Shock of the Modern, by Francine Prose, the new Martin Amis Inside Story, and Portrait of an Artist, A Biography on Georgia O’Keefe by Laura Lisle
10. Multiple bottles of Elta sunblock.
How Would You Wear one of your items included in your Flair Summer curation?
I will be bringing my Bolsa del Sol in organic hemp to the beach and poolside to hold my sunscreen, chapstick, wallet and phone. I will keep it inside my Xarraca giant hemp beach bag with a change of clothes hat, books, magazines, towels and frisbee. Both will pack flat in my suitcase when I take off this summer.