Five things that have caught my eye, inspired me or have been added to my To Do list:
- Added to My Summer Soundtrack. Songs from Summer Salt, a trio of goofy guys from Austin who sound like a modern, hipper version of the Beach Boys.
- To Read. I am in the final pages of Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney and don’t want it to end. I highly recommend it if you want an easy (but certainly not dumbed down) read. Next up is My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh. Ottessa’s first novel (this is her second) was short-listed for the Man Booker Prize, so I have my fingers crossed.
- Another Dreamy Blouse from Doen. I bought this one and love it. Now, I have my eye on this Pre-Fall plaid….it’s a perfect late summer piece.
- For Margaritas and More. One of Tulum’s standout restaurants, Gitano, has landed in NYC replete with a mezcal bar and a 24,000 square foot tropical garden. I have date night reservations for Sunday. I will let you know how it is (but maybe not too early post on Monday morning).
- I’ll Wear What She’s Wearing. Makeup artist Romy Soleimani works with women like Tracee Ellis Ross, Reese Witherspoon and Natalie Portman and when she posted her own pic in natural makeup on Insta the other day with a list of what she used….well, I wanted it all. At least the shadows and the lipsticks. Of course my application methods will never match up, but I’ll take any advice I can get on the makeup front. (See link to get the lowdown.)
Leave a Reply