Things I’m doing, seeing and going down a rabbit hole with this weekend.
1. I made a reservation for next weekend to take a self-guided tour of Philip Johnson’s Glass House in New Canaan. I’ve been a couple of times before, but am taking my mother-in-law and possibly my older daughter (if she’s back in NY) who haven’t. If you’ve never been, I highly recommend it. Plus, like many places, I worry that as time passes they will be more restrictive about public access (because of wear and tear and to preserve integrity), so you have to go while you can.
2. I went to check out Another Tomorrow‘s new boutique on Bleecker Street yesterday which is definitely worth a visit. (Going to buy a blouse, just can’t decide which.) Another Tomorrow is out to challenge fashion’s somewhat lazy approach to sustainability by becoming one of the first truly sustainable, transparent luxury brands. I interviewed the founder and CEO, Vanessa Barboni Hallik on the site, and am thrilled to announce we are working on an event together in the fall so stay tuned!
3. I watched the first two episodes of The White Lotus (HBO), which is the equivalent of a juicy beach read, not exactly high-brow but quite entertaining. I think my favorite characters are Connie Britton’s daughter and her friend, though Connie is pretty genius, too.
4. I am currently obsessed with mini drug store hair clips. I posted this photo of Joan Didion in a hair clip on IG recently, and then at lunch this week, Alejandra Echeverria of Frances de Lourdes, was wearing matching smaller hair clips. I couldn’t help but pop into a drug store and buy a pair for myself.
5. I’ve made this gazpacho recipe a couple of times recently, it’s so easy and healthy and summery. Most recently I used heirloom tomatoes, which were delicious. I usually make sourdough croutons (sauteed, if you will, in a pan with olive oil and salt) to add as a garnish.
Hope you are all enjoying your summer!