This is the first of a couple Mother’s Day Gift Guides I’m going to post. Why not give your mother, grandmother, aunt or even sister a present that also helps someone else? It’s a generous win-win on many levels. Some favorites I found.
- Claire Vivier for LACMA Charmant T-shirt, $69. This limited-edition T-shirt was created by California-based Francophile Vivier for the LA museum’s 50th anniversary. I love the color. It’s a perfect weekend top. 100% of proceeds benefit LACMA.
- FEED striped pouch, $25. Lauren Bush started FEED to provide school lunches to malnourished school children around the world. Proceeds from this bag give 10 meals to children. Perfect for organizing the extraneous.
- Every Mother Counts & Barre 3 Orange Rose tank, $42. Christy Turlington’s charity to promote maternal health for women around the world has created a whole host of Orange Rose products for Mother’s Day. My favorite is this workout tank. I’m going to drop a serious hint on this one, so I can wear it to SLT class. 40% of proceeds go to EMC.
- Lemlem scarf, $145. Model Liya Kebede created Lemlem to employ traditional weavers and craftsmen in Ethiopia and other African countries. Not only do sales of her products help create jobs, but 5% of sales to go the Liya Kebede Foundation which promotes women’s health and well-being in Africa.
- Market Basket from The Little Market, $68. The Little Market features products made from artisans across the globe. These baskets are in the Bolgatanga region in Ghana West Africa and help impoverished farmers attain a sustainable way of living. This also is my favorite straw tote I’ve seen to date. Perfect beach bag/market tote.
- 7″ for Planned Parenthood, $100. This box set which features work by Mary J. Blige, John Legend, Sarah Silverman, Bjork, Foo Fighters and so many more is now available for pre-order. There is no explanation of exactly what you receive and it doesn’t ship until fall, but it this has a future “collector’s item” feeling about it. 50% of gross sales go to Planned Parenthood. I already ordered one.