The weather in NYC is oddly warm(ish) which makes getting out and seeing and doing things that much easier. What’s on my to-do list?
- See the second half of the Andy Warhol polaroid exhibition at Jack Shainman Gallery, which is at two galleries in Chelsea (I made it one, not the other). You forget how tiny they are, like the one of Lee Radziwill above. But still so fun to see in person. (Note, there is a lot of nudity at the gallery on 24th St, not sure about other in case you’re taking curious little ones or your grandmother).
2. Visit the new museum of photography, Fotografiska, as much for the art, as for the new restaurant, Veronika, which looks beautiful and is supposed to be delicious (and of course very very booked up at this point).
3. Designs by two people I know well, who are not only lovely humans, but also make unique, beautifully-crafted items I cannot resist are going to be at the store The Conservatory at Hudson Yards this week. First is jewelry designer Sara Beltran, who will be there in person on Wednesday the 5th between 1-5 pm. Go meet her if you haven’t. (I might just have to step by.) And……
4. The Conservatory is going to have this white shirt, by designer Thakoon Panichgul for his line/concept/magazine HommeGirls from February 4-6 only. It’s no surprise that he got every detail right on this shirt that is made in Italy, and with its longer silhouette, it is kind of a wardrobe must. (That’s me, wearing mine, right, and praticing what I preach here on TFI.).
5. In my downtime I want to check out the new series from Gwyneth and her girls at Goop called The Goop Lab on Netflix. Everyone I know is talking about it or has seen at least one episode and says they are pretty entertaining. Though not sure my husband will be into it, so might have to check it out on my own time.