I am always mildly obsessed with what women pack when they travel—from their beauty products to their carry-on essentials. So in that spirit, since I am taking off for Mexico City this weekend, I thought I would share my beauty travel essentials.
- Bioderma Sensibo H2O. This no-rinse makeup remover/micellar water is lightweight, not sticky and gets everything off, including mascara. I started using this a year ago, because it is one of those French drugstore beauty favorites so many women swear by. I don’t know why I waited so long.
- Aesop Rind Concentrate Body Balm. My hands get dry on planes and this citrus-based lotion smells good and does the job. The only downside, Aesop doesn’t make travel sizes (Aesop are you listening?), so I have to squeeze some into a small container.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Mask. This is an intense hydration mask (it is a cotton sheet you put on your face) which I always use after a long flight to refresh my skin. It is also great to during the cold months when the environment really takes the moisture out of your skin or after a lot of sun exposure. Plus it comes in travel-friendly single packs. I can’t recommend this one enough.
- Colbert MD Intensify Facial Disks. I started using these exfoliating cleansing discs two weeks ago every other day and am hooked. It doesn’t feel like it’s doing anything (no stinging etc.), but with pineapple enzymes, lactic acid for hyper-pigmentation and wrinkles, and glucosamine that is supposed to increase the production of hyaluronic acid, something is happening. If you use it in the morning and follow up with your favorite serum or face oil, your skin glows. These also come in travel-friendly single packs.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve. This is always on the bedside table next to any bed I’m sleeping in. I use it for my lips and cuticles if they are really dry. It’s such an integral part of my daily routine, I literally cannot fall asleep without it.
- Frederic Malle Travel Spray. The chicest travel spray ever which you can get refills for any Frederic Malle scent. Mine is Dan Tes Bras.