Beyond the podcasts which I launched this year, I continued to have the opportunity to interview some incredible founders, doers and makers in 2019 for this site. Three women were also interviewed for the podcast, but many who create beautiful jewelry, art, clothing and home were best suited for an online story so you could see their inspiring work. Meeting women who have the courage to create something new or become experts in their field is the most satisfying part of my job. I love learning from and listening to them. Each year, it’s like gaining a new group of friends. I am super lucky. My hope in 2020 is that I can organize it so that you, the reader, have the chance to meet many of them as well. In the meantime, these interviews are the best I can offer.
My 2019 women include:
- Tanya Zaben, founder interiors and artisan site Interior Monologue.
- Ghizlan Guenez, founder of luxury fashion site The Modist.
- Linda Rodin, former beauty guru and perennial dog fanatic.
- Jean Godfrey June, Beauty Director of Goop.
- Susan Kaufman, former editor turned Instagram photo chronicler.
- Whitney Bromberg Hawkings, founder of Flowerbx.
- Mary Nelson Sinclair, artist.
- Monica Patel-Cohn, founder of resort wear collection Two New York.
- Kim Dunham, founder of Kim Dunham jewelry.
- Caroline Weller, founder of Banjanan clothing.
- Jane Larkworthy, Beauty Editor at Large, New York Magazine‘s The Cut.
- Elena Serra, Senior V.P. Global Communications, Natura Bisse skincare.
- Permele Doyle, co-founder of influencer marketing company Billion Dollar Boy.
- Pamela Schein Murphy, founder of The Select 7 website.
- Sara Ruffin Costello, designer/writer/tastemaker.
- Alejandra Echeverria, founder of Frances de Lourdes luxury T-shirts/knitwear.
- Danielle Fichera, founder of Danielle Fichera clothing.
- Marie Audier d’Alessandris, founder of online photography gallery, The Selects Gallery.
- Peggy Markel, founder of Peggy Markel culinary adventures.
Leave a Reply