Nothing is better, or harder to find, than a well-cut bathing suit, but since getting introduced to the line Sara Cristina by Venezuelan designer Sara Villasmil, and then getting to know Sara a bit as well, I now actually enjoy buying a bathing suit. Her designs are clean, grown-up sexy and elegant, and there is style for everyone–for those who want to flaunt, and those of us who need a slightly more forgiving shape and material that hugs you in a bit (I highly recommend her ribbed material). Luckily, I got Sara to share her summer essentials before her first baby arrives (see below–cutest pregnant woman in a bikini ever!)
“For me, Summer is the best season of the year. I spend the whole year designing and creating pieces to be used during this season. I get inspired by the energy of the ocean, the summer breeze, the melancholic sunsets and I’m in love with the longer sunny days. I love an after-work walk by the beach collecting shells, it is my therapy to connect with nature”– Sara
1. The first thing on my list has to be swimsuits. For me a black one-piece swimsuit and a black bikini, these two should be in every woman’s wardrobe. You should feel comfortable, sexy, and elegant in these pieces.
2. Always and even more now that I’m pregnant I enjoy the sun but I also protect myself from it. So, a hat is very important and sunglasses. For the beach my favorite are the Ray-Ban Wayfarer Classics.
3. An oversized white or light blue bottom-down shirt. I Love The Row men’s shirts and Uniqlo linen men’s shirts.
4. A beach tote. Mine is Sophie Digard.
5. Dezso jewelry. I’m obsessed with her jewelry and absolutely love her shell charms, her Pukas, and I never take off my Mexican Bracelet. I assure you every time you wear her pieces someone will stop you to ask about it, every piece is so unique and elegant.
6. When I’m spending the summer in NY, because it is the busiest season for me, I love going to the Hamptons for the weekends and have early dinner at Duryea’s. I love ordering the Lobster salad and white wine while seeing the sunset.
7. I love a cover-up that can be worn from the beach to the restaurant, something that will make you feel elegant day and night. For me it’s the Pearl Dress, it has a special meaning for me because my grandfather makes the pearl strings by hand.
8. Vintage Levi’s Shorts.
9. A black Pareo/Sarong Skirt and a color Pareo.
10. My must-have skincare products for the summer are The P50 and Crème Masque Vernix by Biologique Recherche. The P50 helps me balance my skin and the Crème hydrates it. I swear by these two products; I have been using them for years now. Sunscreen is also a must-have. Currently, I’m using EltaMD.
11. Right now I need pillows or cushions everywhere and I love the summer home collection from Mola Sasa.
12. I love hosting dinners at home during summer to eat outside. I love using my shells to put the serving spoons or lemons or even for salt.
I love the high-low mix! Uniqlo does some good pieces and that linen shirt would look great with white jeans or cut-off Levi’s.