If you’ve ever bought a sumptuous Frances de Lourdes T-shirt, you are spoiled for life. Nothing compares to the fabrications (organic cottons, silks and cashmere blends), the fit, the slightly sheer sexiness; they are an investment, but one that is worth it. My latest FDL purchase? The effortless Mia dress, which may seem like a little nothing tank dress, but I promise is so flattering, I’ve been convincing friends to buy it. I am also a fan of Alejandra’s minimalist style, I am obsessed with her Instagram, and often everything she shares here on TFI. (You can read her Fall Notes from Home and my first interview with her.) Here, Alejandra’s summer essentials.
1. Our Aarons Tunic which we came out with for Spring, I’m obsessed with and wear these all the time at home. I’ll wear them on every trip this summer – in the country, beachside, poolside. They are so soft and effortless, yet I feel chic, sexy and put together.
2. Gold jewelry. I just added a 70’s style brick link bracelet to my collection and am eyeing all the Deszo by Sara Beltran pieces.
3. Sunscreen! Year round but especially during summer. I use Dr Barbara Sturm Sun Drops or Elta MD for face and Sun Bum or Coola on my body.
4. I wear little makeup all year but especially during summer. The Westman Atelier Lip Suede which I use on my lips and cheeks is a favorite. I like that it has a few shades in one case so I can switch it up depending on my mood. That with a dash of mascara is my go-to makeup all summer.
5. Fresh fruit from the farmer’s markets – tomatoes, peaches, strawberries, apricots. And lots of big, fresh salads.
6. A sturdy canvas bag for groceries, picnics, beach trips, etc. I bought one from Home Depot years ago that I love and gets a lot of use during this time of year.
7. This summer I’m planning a lot of weekends upstate to visit with friends and trips out to the beach at Montauk. And a trip to the west coast later in August to visit family. But I can’t wait to get back to Europe next year!
8. Apero time! With a Rosemary Spritz inspired by the one from a friend’s restaurant, Locanda Vini e Olii in Brooklyn. They make a house rosemary liqueur for it, very refreshing! (Recipe for an Aperol Spritz + a splash of grapefruit juice + a sprig of rosemary.) Or a classic Margarita in hand.
9. Nights at home re-watching summer movies. Some favorites include La Piscine, A Bigger Splash, And God Created Woman…and The Long Goodbye – which isn’t really a summer movie, but I watch it every summer.
10. Candlelit dinners with friends under the open sky.
11. Our Grace tee, an oversized tee in our very soft organic cotton is my go-to tee right now. The heavier weight creates a bit of structure but it feels so easy and breathable and works with whatever silhouette I’m wearing on the bottom, whether it be an easy wide leg silk trouser, shorts or a slim jean. To dress it up I add on a chunkier necklace.