When I asked Cayli if she wanted to do a Flair Five, she suggested that since Knockout Beauty is about hands-on help she would rather give me my own personal beauty prescription. I certainly wasn’t going pass up her offer. Cayli asked what I used as products (not a lot) and what I was looking to achieve—less breakouts (still at my age), to fade the melasma near my jawline, and of course, a glow. I told her I don’t use a lot of products at night. Apparently I need to fix that. “That’s the big opportunity. To wake up and have an ‘oh, I look good.’ And as much as I want to Derma Roll, apparently I can’t. Yet. Until my breakouts calm down.
All of these products are under $100. In fact they all add up to just over what my Chanel Sublimage moisturizer costs. I cannot wait to try them.
- Joanna Vargas Miracle Bar with charcoal. “I would have you cleansing with a cleanser that’s going to be a little bit more refining, to help your skin feel more even, and the pores a little smaller which will also help with breaking out. I often talk about this at night on Instagram when I wash my face. I spend a long time just getting at it. People are like, ‘Woah, that’s a lot of face washing.’ It’s like, ‘Yeah. I’m washing all the grime off my face, all the pollution, making sure that I’m getting all my makeup off, making sure I’m taking off all the product that I have.'”
- Colbert MD Toning Discs. “They’re great. They have a a tyrosinase inhibitor that will help with the melasma. They also have Inflacin which is good for redness, so if you do break out it will bring the redness down from that.”
- Amly Silver Rich Face Mist. “It’s a hyaluronic toner, but it has silver in it. It’s really healing and clarifying. I think that’d be your night one that I’d have you do. It smells amazing and it’s crazy good.”
- Odacité Pe+C, Pa+G, Gr+G and Bu+LSerums. “These serums are little boosters and you could use them morning and night. I use the Pe+C to balance my skin out. It’s like my insurance policy so I know I won’t break out because I try so many things. I’d have you use that and probably that mixed with the Pa+G which is the papaya and geranium that I also use for pigmentation. Then the Gr+G when you’re breaking out just to have some more of that acne prone stuff. Bu+L is a carotenoid, which is a natural form of retinol. Add that in 4 times a week.”
- Odacité Oleosomes Time Release Delivery Cream. “Your moisturizer is tricky for me, because I don’t want you to be on something too rich at the beginning, I want to work you into a richer anti-aging moisturizer. I’d like you to maybe use the Oleosomes which is the carrier cream that comes with Odacité and I’d have you use that in conjunction with your serums and then we might spike it with different things. We’d always use the Pe+C and the Pa+G, but maybe we might spike it with something else to get you glowy and pretty.”