I am always posting about what other people love for their Flair Fives and thought I should share my favorite summer classics that are always a part, in some form, of my wardrobe. These are the kind of investments that are always worth it.
- A brown leather tote: Kendall Conrad Girona bag, $550. My requirements for a summer bag are that it is lightweight, fits over my shoulder (I don’t like handheld when it’s hot), has a slim profile and works with everything from the basics here to summery dresses. And brown, from rich chocolate to lighter luggage shades, is the best summer neutral. (This bag also comes in an ocean blue suede, which is tempting too.)
- A blue striped button-down: Equipment shirt, $230. My wardrobe of striped blue shirts continues to grow, but I wear them all often. With jeans, with shorts, to the beach as a coverup….
- Vintage Levi’s. There are various places to find vintage denim, but if you live in New York, it is worth the trip to the Front General Store in Brooklyn. (I’ve written about them before.) For summer they have cropped pairs in light washes and white. This is one item you really can’t buy online because the sizing is so unrealiable, and you have to be prepared to spend time trying on many pairs to find the perfect fit. Shopper’s note: There is always more stock by the dressing room if you can’t find what you want in front.
- Gold hoops: Sidney Garber Elongated Crescent hoops, $3200. What is summer without gold jewelry, in particular gold hoops? These new electroform lightweight versions are sculptural and sexy. To wear with everything pictured here, or a slim black slipdress, or a turtleneck in winter—these are my version of an ultimate updated classic.
- Brown wrap-around sandals: K. Jacques, $295. I can’t remember a summer in recent history when I didn’t live in brown leather sandals that tie at the ankle, or for that matter, many pairs of K. Jacques. So simple, so chic. To me, these are the staple summer shoe.
model image courtesy Kendall Conrad
Leave a Reply