All I can think about is my trip to Italy and what I will be taking–I am almost done with my packing list, waiting on a few things, but in the meantime, here are 6 items that I won’t be leaving home without wherever I go this summer. Plus, these really do work as grab-and-go’s no matter where you are.
1. A HEAD SCARF. I don’t really wear head scarves the classic way, per se, but I am going to at least try. Plus, I find you can use one tied around your ponytail or neck or wrapped prettily on the handle of your straw or evening bag. It can personalize something very basic. I have a Toteme palm print scarf I bought last summer. I do really like the new striped one they have.
I also like their logo one. I’m even into the idea of mixing stripes and patterns if they are black and white…so a logo scarf with a striped Breton shirt.
2. A STRIPED BRETON SHIRT. I have been wanting a slightly oversized but not massive striped tee–the kind I can throw over my bathing suit, or wear with jean shorts and my James Perse linen pants. I tried the Matteau version, but it’s too oversize for me (and not in a flattering way). I’ve ordered the Boyfriend style from Kule. I think the proportions will be just right.
3. SILVER JEWELRY SET. My XL Mariner Link necklace and bracelet in silver are the perfect combo for traveling. They make enough of a statement so you don’t need other jewelry, and you can feel safe traveling in them. Plus, you can put them together for one longer chain, or wrap both around your wrist multiple times for a major pile up. (I also have limited inventory available for immediate ship and a bit coming in next week, so no waiting if you need in a hurry and you hurry.)
4. A. EMERY SANDALS. I bought the Spargi Sandals from the A. Emery x Matteau collab last year and I love them. They are a bit chunky, have a padded insole (amen to that), and are under $200. I love sandals and flip flops and many of mine needed a replacement, sooo, this year I bought the Carter thongs in a gorgeous brown, the Silba sandals in black, and..l just pre-ordered the Annushka in ivory. They are all the flat sandals I will need for a long time, and together the 4 pairs cost the same as one pair from The Row, which trust me, I’ve thought about, but that’s not where I want to spend my money, and these are just as good.
5. SUNGLASSES. Natch. I might end up traveling with my classic Ray-Ban Wayfarers or my Celine pair pictured above. I might buy a new pair (it is a fun update). The ones in consideration are the Khaite x Oliver People’s 1971C–they’re a bit funky, I tried them on and liked them, and the Toteme Aviators (but the lenses look a bit light, though not on model images).
6. A SMALL BAG. For day I will probably pack a flat raffia shopper, but if I want to carry the bare minimum or for night, I want something small enough for only the essentials. My Bottega Veneta mini Jodie might do the trick, though it might be a bit dressy for Puglia. (My packing palette is black, white and tan.) I almost sold it on TRR, then panicked, got it back, and realized how useful an evening bag it is (and also it’s $700 more than I what I paid for it 18 months ago. Gulp.) I do keep thinking about buying a small Porto pouch in white or brown, which at $250 each, seems like a bargain, and is elegant but casual at the same time.
I am waiting for one more item to arrive before I can finalize my complete packing list. Stay tuned!