Alicia Adams is an out-of-the-box thinker. When she and her family relocated from Germany to New York, they chose the sleepy upstate town of Millbrook instead of the city, and Alicia gave up her career in P.R., bought an alpaca farm, and in 2009, launched her eponymous collection of alpaca-based home and clothing designs (for women and men). Today she has three stores, the flagship in Millbrook (where she sponsored one of my summer trunk shows), another Malibu and one in Aspen, and she spends her time traveling between them. If you aren’t familiar with alpaca, the feel is incredible. It’s also sustainable; the alpacas are treated humanely–their longevity is an asset, and shorn yearly to produce the wool. Also, alpaca wool takes color well and there are 100 shades from which to choose say, a couch throw or something for your bed. (If you’re indecisive, good luck! There are 20 natural shades, which are my favorites). Here, Alicia shares her summer must haves.
1.My Ibiza Wrap is great for summer (top image), it’s light, breathable and crafted from super-soft baby alpaca.
2. I never leave the house without my Gucci sunglasses, I have these men’s aviators. They are perfect for spending time outdoors and in the sun.
3. I am a big fan of Essentia Water for hydration. It’s so important to stay hydrated!
5. Lululemon track shorts for hikes in Aspen & Malibu. We are an active family, so I have quite a few pairs and use them all the time!
6. Lovely Bird Straw Hats I loved discovering these straw hats with customizable trims; they are locally made in Malibu and are super travel friendly which is a must.
7. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain is on my reading list.
8. Living between Aspen, Malibu and Millbrook, I feel like I’m always on vacation (even though I’m working). This summer, however, I have planned a trip to Holbox, Mexico. I have so many dream destinations: India, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and more!